International workshop 2014: "Local Food Matters - finding the good balance between hygiene rules, small-scale production and quality"
Webinar: Growing food resilience in Covid-19 times - New tools and approaches for agroecology. 17 June 2020
Web conference "Local food - Reimagining Regional Responses" - 9 Dec. 2020
Webinar "Connecting with Europe - Rural Europe Takes Action" during Feeding Ourselves 2023
Topics of work
The topics of our thematic workshops derive mainly from proposals of partners (local, regional initiatives and/ or actors). They are representative for the variety of different European rural areas, reflect a special shared concern but also the commitment expressed by local people to take common action.
In practice, one or a series of multi-national workshops is held in different regions in Europe dedicated to a special topic. Participants get inspired by field trips and will be encouraged to comment on the local situation from their point of view. This is the basis for a moderated exchange about experiences.
The output of these workshops might inspire solutions for participants’ situation. They are also evaluated in order to draw political conclusions.
At present, several topics have been proposed by members. Some Thematic exchanges have already started and other will be (re-)launched soon:
- Civic Dialogue: dialogue between different stakeholders for sustainable rural development
- Rural Youth
- Sustainable Forestry practices by civil society
- Rural Actors for Health safeguarding traditional knowledge for the benefit of society
- Farmers Ecology - Agroecology, local ecological knowledge for future solutions
Past thematic exchanges dealt with the following topics:
- Local Food chains
- Sustainable Development in Lake Areas Empowering Local Initiatives and Civil Society
- New Ways of Access to Land for Community Connected Farming
- Sustainable Mystery Tour 2012 (reloaded) - championing rural successes