Category of entries
The success stories we present ::
- are examples of practical sustainability, with some years of experience,
- integrate several topics (energy, agriculture, education, biodiversity, cultural heritage etc..) and pursue economic, environmental, social and democratic goals of sustainable development.
- are based in, or include active partnership with, the local community
- are linked to a rural or periurban territory.
We are also gathering innovative experiences, which are newest initiatives aiming at answering to the new challenges rural actors are facing in their territory.
Our directory lists people and organisations engaged in sustainable rural development in Europe through different paths: concrete projects and practices, formulation of policies, network coordination, resource centre, training, media etc. They might range from local to European level.
Three types of policy-related documents are available :
- policies promoted at regional or national level : they show how current policies (local, regional or national) can contribute and support sustainability on a specific topic or general approach.
- proposals promoted by social or political organisations or networks : they deal with proposals on existing rural policies or new suggestions drawn by other organisations.
- policy proposals brought in by Forum Synergies members or gathered during events organised by Forum Synergies and linked to issues they are facing in their territories.
Under the documents section you will find all kind of documents, from conference report to case study, which are briefly described and that you can be download in some cases.