"Sustainable Forestry" is a new thematic exchange launched after observing that there were no existing networks promoting exchanges on sustainable forestry for practices done by civil society.
The ultimate aim of the Forum Synergies project is to increase the capacity and ability of individuals, NGOs, local and EU governments to deliver forestry management that is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable.
Read our Action Sheet for more information on Sustainable Forestry
State of the art: In progress
Partner: EuCAN (UK), Ibar Development Organisation (SRB)
Portfolio on the situation of forestry and sustainable forest management in different European countries:
Documents related to this thematic exchange:
- [EXP] Coed Cymru, helping Welsh landowners to manage native woodlands sustainably, for environmental and economic gain
- [EXP] National Forest Company (NFC) – an exemplar of sustainability in all its aspects
- [MoI] Devon Hedge Group, an example of partnership of local bodies to protect and promote Devon’s world class hedges (UK)
- [MoI] EU renewable energy policy and the pressure this is putting on forests
- [MoI] Forest conservation and executing national law with regard to biodiversity
- [MoI] Gemer Region Forest Owners Association, a private organisation promoting the legitimate interests of private forest owners in Slovakia
- [MoI] Natura 2000 communication between stakeholders and share of close-to-nature forest management experiences in Hungary
- [MoI] Network of Forestry alternatives, bringing together different actors in the favour of ecosystem-friendly forest management in France.
- [MoI] Oxfordshire Woodfuel Programmes “Logs for Labour”, an exchange between volunteers and woodland managers in UK
- [MoI] Small woodland keepers in the UK
- [MoI] Supporting the associations of Private Forest Owners in South East Europe
- [MoI] The National Forest Company, one of the biggest environmental initiatives creating and managing woodlands in the UK
- [MoI] Toi l’arbre, a foundation to enhance the well-being of trees and landscapes in France.
- [MoI] Two publicly-owned woods rescued from neglect in Beaminster, Dorset, England, UK
- [MoI] Wooden biomass in two municipalities in Serbia: analysis of potentials for heating after pruning raspberries and wooden biomass