International workshop 2014: "Local Food Matters - finding the good balance between hygiene rules, small-scale production and quality"
Webinar: Growing food resilience in Covid-19 times - New tools and approaches for agroecology. 17 June 2020
Web conference "Local food - Reimagining Regional Responses" - 9 Dec. 2020
Webinar "Connecting with Europe - Rural Europe Takes Action" during Feeding Ourselves 2023
1st Forestry Workshop - March 2016 (GB)
1st Workshop on Sustainable Forest Management, 17-20 March 2016, Milverton, Somerset, South-West of England, UK
This workshop was conceived as the first of a planned series of workshops which together will address, in different locations in Europe, the issue of Sustainable Forest Management.
It was co-organised with EuCAN.
About 30 participants from 10 different European countries took part in this event. The aim was to raise awareness of the different services provided by sustainable forest management, and to understand what sustainable forestry means in practice. It included a half-day visit to a large private woodland in Exmoor National Park, in the company of officials from the National Park Authority and the Forestry Commission, followed by one and a half days of discussion.
Documents related to the 1st Workshop on Sustainable Forest Management
- Programme of the 1st workshop
- Report of the 1st workshop
- Executive summary of the 1st workshop
Presentations given during the Market of Initiatives
This information is also included in our resource center (link)
- EU renewable energy policy and the pressure this is putting on forests, Hannah MOWAT, BE
- Network for forestry alternatives: What it is about, Anne BERTHET, FR
- Toi l’arbe - a foundation to enhance the well being of trees and landscapes, Catherine MARQUOT, FR
- Nature 2000 communication between stakeholders and share of close-to-nature forest management experiences Laszlo GALHIDY, HU
- Gemer Region Forest Owners Association, Anna FIGUROVA, SK
- Wooden biomass in two municipalities in Serbia, Dragan ROGANOVIC, SRB
- Small woodland keepers in the UK: difficulties and opportunities, Paddy COX, UK
- Two publicly-owned woods rescued from neglect in Beaminster, Dorset, England, UK, Michael DOWER, UK
- Oxfordshire Woodfuel Programmes "Logs for Labour", UK, Riki THERIVEL, UK
- Devon Hedge Group, UK, Robert WOLTON, UK
- The National Forest Company, UK, Simon WEST, UK
- Read our Action Sheet for more information on Sustainable Forestry